Wednesday, June 24, 2015

'Best Death Award' Retrospective

In my last post I introduced the 'Your Adventure Ends Here Best Death Award'.  Since I'm already a few books into this project, I should go back and retroactively award the first four Fighting Fantasy books as well.  So, without further ado, the best deaths from books 1 to 4.

Book 1: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain


It's the gleeful dancing that does it.

Book 2: The Citadel of Chaos


There are a lot of good options from this book, but I went with the one that best encapsulates Balthus Dire's disdain for peasants. 

Book 3: The Forest of Doom



Fire Demon!  This is a better ending than finding the Hammer of Gillibran, surely?

Book 4: Starship Traveller


Cloned, imprisoned, then blown up along with an entire planet.  Endings don't come much suckier than this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment